At the most challenging time for health and social care since the 1980s, National Voices is standing up for the rights of patients, service users and carers.
We work with our large and varied membership to influence government ministers and departments, professional bodies, and the key players in the new health and social care landscape, to ensure that policy remains focused on issues which will deliver the greatest impact for those with needs.
Current influencing priorities
- Coordinated care: National Voices has produced a Narrative for Coordinated Care and is actively encouraging its adoption at local level. Find out more here.
- Principles of Care and Support Planning: Working closely with members and partners, National Voices has developed some Principles of Care and Support Planning and a draft resource to help put them into practice. Find out more here.
- Patient involvement in commissioning: We are working with the Commissioning Board, HealthWatch England and Public Health England to drive forward patient involvement in practice. Find out more about this work stream here.
- NHS Constitution: Our Chief Executive, Jeremy Taylor, has been working with the NHS Future Forum to feed in our members’ view for strengthening the Constitution. Our response to the consultation can be found here.
- Social care: We are working with the Care and Support Alliance to strengthen the Care Bill, particularly in relation to care planning, direct payments and making connections to the Health and Social Care Act 2012. The National Voices consultation response can be found here.
- Patient leadership: We are working to develop understanding of the role of patient leadership in the new system and have delivered a dedicated programme to support the influencing capacity of our members. More information can be found here.
We also run a series of policy groups for our members. Find out more here.