There is growing evidence of the benefits of person centred approaches to health and care. Engaging people in their own healthcare can:
- improving people’s knowledge
- enhancing people’s experience of services
- impact on service use and cost, and
- impact on people’s health
National Voices has published systematic reviews of existing research which looks at the impact of a range of person-centred approaches.
A summary of the overall findings can be found in the video below.
To find out more about the specific approaches, and to read the full reports, follow the links below:
- supporting self-management
- supporting shared decision-making
- enhancing experience of healthcare
- improving information and understanding
- promoting prevention
- peer support
For more like this see: