- Duration: 12 Months
- Hours: 2-3 days per week (14/21 hours)
- Line Management: Commuications Officer
The role of Communications Manager sits at the heart of the new National Voices team. We have a Communications Officer who can take care of much of our baseline activities (dealing with member enquiries, twitter, compiling a newsletter and supporting events). We also have a membership officer who leads our day to day interactions with members through projects, meetings, and relationship management. This new role will provide more strategic and focused leadership on a number of important aspects of our work:
Reviewing and improving our channels of communication (newsletters, twitter, events)
Ensuring we create brand and engagement value across all our activities: making our events visible on social media, making our social media relevant to members, raising and maintaining our profile with those who we are trying to influence
Devising communications plans for high profile, engaging influencing projects
Reviewing our tone of voice, visuals and branding in light of our new strategy
It is a varied role that spans the full breadth of the communications discipline and is involved in the full spectrum of our work with members and high profile stakeholders.
We are looking for someone who is a self-starter and can hit the ground running. Taking ownership of the communications function, thinking creatively and working proactively will be an essential part of the role. If you are keen to try new techniques, methods and processes then we would like to hear from you!
You will be reporting to the Head of Engagement and will work closely with policy, membership and operations colleagues in a small, supportive team; as well as external contacts including our coalition of charities and stakeholders.
- Develop and support our communications plans, for substantial projects, larger events, our website, member engagement and social media.
- Lead on the implementation of our communications plans, by ensuring the effective production, dissemination, marketing and promotion of National Voices’ outputs and messages.
- Lead and advise on National Voices’ choice, development and best use of appropriate communications channels, including digital channels.
- Responsible for National Voices’ website and digital content strategy. We are planning a website refresh, so the candidate will be responsible for that, too, including choosing and managing a contractor for the technical work.
- Review and improve how we communicate across digital channels, based on audience needs and preferences and our relevant influencing ambition.
- Lead on social media content and management, managing the communications officer who creates weekly schedules and manages and develops National Voices and members’ blogs.
- Explore new formats, such as film or podcasts. New ideas welcome!
Publications and products
- Lead on the planning, design and production of National Voices’ materials including articles, key publications, annual reports, videos
- Manage the communications officer’s output of weekly National Voices’ e-bulletins, including those for members and external audiences
- Liaise with partner organisations, external design and print agencies to oversee the design and production of key assets and publications, when necessary
- Edit and proof-read reports, articles and blogs
- Act as ‘brand guardian’ ensuring consistency across all external and member communications.
- Plan, develop and deliver on the communications of policy, campaigning and engagement projects
- Lead on the communications and marketing aspects of projects and programmes of work
- Report on and analyse all aspects of communications projects against goals set out.
- Contribute to the planning and delivery of a portfolio of key events, working alongside communications and membership officers – particularly focusing on purpose, ambition, partnerships and how to create maximum value for National Voices and our network
- Lead on the communications and marketing aspects of all National Voices events.
- Coordinate all National Voices’ responses to media
- Act as lead contact for media enquiries
- Monitor and build a network of media contacts.
- Any other duties as required by your line manager and commensurate with the role
- Occasional travel nationally for events and engagement.
Please submit your CV and a covering letter (no more than two A4 pages) explaining why you are suitable for the role, with particular reference to the person specification.
Please also specify when you’d be able to start.
Deadline for applications is Monday 20th January noon, with the interviews scheduled for Tuesday 28th of January. Please e-mail your application to email@example.com.