Annual General Meeting 2017: Shaping our future strategy
Join us for this special AGM and planning workshop to advise our influencing strategy.
1.00pm: Arrival, registration, and lunch
1.30pm: Ordinary business of the AGM over lunch
- Announcement of National Voices Trustee elections
- Receive the annual report and accounts for the year ending 31 March 2016; and to review National Voices’ work and finances in the period since the AGM of 29 June 2016, and future plans
- Resolutions: to approve the minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on 29 June 2016 and to approve the reappointment of Goldwins Limited as National Voices’ auditors
2.15pm: Scene setting
This first part of the workshop will focus on updating attendees on our current context before the group discussion later.
- Imelda Redmond - the National Director of Healthwatch England will share her insights on challenges and opportunities presented by changes to health and social care
- Kate Ling, Senior Policy Manager at the NHS Confederation's European Office in Brussels will be talking about the Brexit negotiation process and the implications of Brexit for health and care, including reciprocal healthcare arrangements, aligned regulation, research & innovation, public health, and funding.
- Strategic context for National Voices
- Followed by Q&A
3.00pm: Refreshment Break
3.15pm: Group discussion - Influencing Strategy for National Voices
During this portion of the workshop we will discuss priorities for the next two years and ask you where you think National Voices can have the most impact and how can we achieve that?
4.30pm: Close and drinks reception
Members are invited to join National Voices trustees and staff for a drinks reception.
Who should attend?
The AGM is open to National Voices members at all levels, though only full members have voting rights.
Why should you attend?
The formal AGM gives you an important opportunity to hold National Voices to account for the work we do with you and on your behalf. This year we will hold a special session on our influencing strategy for the year ahead, and are seeking your views. The whole event, including the reception at the end, provides an excellent opportunity for informal networking and we hope to see you there on 28 Sept.