National Voices AGM 2017 member discussions summary
Thu, 19 October 2017
As a coalition of over 160 health and social care organisations, it is our members who determine the future of National Voices; who influence our strategy and ultimately decide where we focus our limited resources.
At this year’s Annual General Meeting, we held an interactive workshop on National Voices’ influencing strategy, in which members discussed where they think our priorities should lie over the next two years.
Common themes and recommendations that emerged from the discussions included:
- Realising the potential of working with change-makers
- Building networks to share and spotlight examples of good practice
- Honing a more specific, broken-down definition of ‘person-centred care’
- Developing a way to measure the impact of person-centred care
- Understanding Brexit’s impact on person-centred care
- Identifying the role of the tech industry in delivering person-centred care
We want to thank all member organisations who attended the AGM and shared their thoughts, ideas and advice. We are taking on board all of your feedback and hope to weave these themes and issues into current and future projects.
You can find the document with a full write-up of all group discussions below.
If you were unable to attend the AGM and would like to add your suggestions to the discussion, please email Laura Bell, Communications and Engagement Officer at National Voices.