- Health inequalities
Community initiatives and health promotion activities complement individual efforts. Health promotion involves enabling people to increase control over their health and its determinants, and thereby improve their health status.
- There are major inequalities in health status and outcomes in the UK
- Many conditions or adverse outcomes are preventable.
- Policy suggests there is potential for significant improvements.
We compiled information from 308 systematic reviews and found that the top things that managers and clinicians can do to enhance health promotion and prevention are:
- Reminding people why prevention is important
- Targeting interventions towards specific groups of people
- Awareness raising within the wider population:
If you would like to read this summary in an alternative format, please get in touch.