Submission to NICE: Improving patient and public involvement in developing NICE guidance and standards
- Lived experience
- Communication and administration
The proposals were:
- Standardising how we engage with and involve lay people across our guidance and standards programmes.
- Involving people earlier and keeping them involved throughout the development process.
- Being clearer on how we find information about people’s experiences of care and how we take account of that experience in our guidance.
- Recruiting a broad pool of people with knowledge and experience of specific conditions or services. This group can be drawn on as needed to join decision-making bodies.
- Introducing a formal feedback process. This will enable people who help develop our guidance and standards to be aware of the impact of their contribution.
- Making better use of social media to communicate with people about our guidance and standards to make it easier for people to communicate with us.
- Reinforcing the message among our staff that involving lay people is everyone’s responsibility.
If you would like to read this submission in an alternative format, please get in touch.